A little about us

Hello and welcome to Mod Mob. A lifestyle blog by two childhood friends, Emma and Brenda. Both originally from Ireland, Emma currently lives in London and Brenda near Boston. We love to talk about food, style, travel, photography, kids, love, and design. If you like you can find out more in our about page and if you want you can drop us a line at modmobdesign@gmail.com.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Mod Home: string lights


I'm a sucker for string lights. I love the dreamy glow they give a room at night, and it pains me to take them down after the holidays. If I had my way, they would be a permanent fixture in our home. 



For Valentines night, what about hanging them in the bedroom, kitchen, or anywhere around the house if you plan on staying in. This article from Apartment Therapy explains how to do it right, to create a magical atmosphere.


Cheap....yes. Tacky.....maybe. Romantic.....
what do you think ?

Image credits: 1. Wedding Sparkle 2. 16 House 3., 4. Apartment Therapy 


3 comments:

  1. Love the 3rd picture! not tacky at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia,
    Me too, no hanging required. Casually placed on the floor they look great. Gives such a lovely glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pictures, I love them too and have them in my kitchen 365. I love the hallway here great idea.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be nice, that means you anonymous.